Crazy weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Hearth Supporter
Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Well, been nice to ahve a couple fires but looks like temps warming up again enough to not need a fire even at night! save the wood I say..The Farmers Almanac is still chearping that the winter is gonna be colder than usual..whens that gonna start?

hopefully it doesn't start soon. nightly fires are good enough. this morning had ice on top of my trash barrels needed to start a small fire to take the chill off the house.
soon enough we'll be stuffin the fire box. love this time of the year. nights are cool enough for a fire but days are warm enough to ware short sleeve if your working.

yeah I hear you there..I am suprise athat you had ice..We didnt even get a frost here in the Adirondack Mountains last night

Last friday there was a frost at Schroon Lake. I took a nice fall on a dock.

I'll be closing up the cabin this weekend. It's always the saddest weekend of the year.

I don't even have a fire going tonight. It says 52 degrees outside, but the sun has the house heated to 67 degrees!

Matt

Had a nice layer of frost on the car this morning- where did I put the Ice scrapper ???
Had 28 this AM- but house has been 65 + for days- wife says SAVE THE WOOD.
Guess she remembers last winter- House at 55 or less (in the basement)- snow upstairs cuz
of tarpaper roof, no insualation, to soffetts- O' what a year of work and some insulation makes.
Real cold can hold out as long as it wants- cuz it will come.

Read somewhere that NH will be tempeture of N Carolina in a few years.

Been burning most evening and mornings. This AM coldest so far, hit 32. Picture is across the "Ice Pond" here in Newfields which is the view from the bottom of our driveway. Note the frost on the field! Warmer for the next 5-6 days then return to normal which is daytime of around 60 and nightitme of around 40.

Arrrg! I'm still holding out. A couple of chilly mornings brought me close to the edge, now a couple days of clouds, cool temps and rain have pretty much depleted my "thermal flywheel" Not to mention, the trees are still making full shade over the house. Supposed to be back to 80F on Saturday, so holding out with fingers crossed!

Corey

No fires here on Long Island yet.

I can't believe this weather............mid 80s today...........hot and dry again................house is 79 inside at 10 pm and air conditioning is on as I type this ~!~

Robbie

They're predicting a big blow our way tomorrow afternoon and evening. 48 outside now so we're still on the heatpump. Though I went and got some fresh gas for the generator.

yeah, waming up today and tomorrow...sat and Sunday cooling back down..Sunday being the coolest..Will be in hunting camp this weekend..Guess I will leave it up to the wife as far as having a fire or not..Which, brings me to a new topic...

jpl1nh said:
Been burning most evening and mornings. This AM coldest so far, hit 32. Picture is across the "Ice Pond" here in Newfields which is the view from the bottom of our driveway. Note the frost on the field! Warmer for the next 5-6 days then return to normal which is daytime of around 60 and nightitme of around 40.

Do you have a high res version of that picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.