CT firewood program

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gregbesia

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 26, 2009
central CT
For the past few years I have been applying for this program/lottery. Never won. Now it's no more :( Love their explanation.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 276
That really stinks.

This is a local church program for providing firewood to low income folks. You might search for a similar program locally if either you need firewood, or have excess to give away.

i also may have some connections with some folks in southern/central ct that may need some stuff cleared up (camps, boy scout range, etc). let me know if you are interested and I can see about making an introduction.

i also may have some connections with some folks in southern/central ct that may need some stuff cleared up (camps, boy scout range, etc). let me know if you are interested and I can see about making an introduction.
Thanks Dobish. That is really nice of you. I'm in central Ct. It's always nice meeting with new people, especially if it is about wood. :)

i will see about getting in touch with some folks, its been a while!

Saw the same earlier. Very disappointing. They have cut a lot of parks department things this year due to CT being incapable of managing a budget so I'm not all surprised. Probably couldn't fund the oversight and had nothing to do with lack of interest. I applied 5 years in a row and never got it so clearly they had more people than wood to give away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gregbesia
For the past few years I have been applying for this program/lottery. Never won. Now it's no more :( Love their explanation.
I don't understand their reason. "Reduced forestry staff"?! All they need to do is stand behind the counter and take your money and give you a permit. They aren't going out into the forests to cut your wood for you....What a bunch of BS. I'd start writing some letters and making some phone calls to government officials. Emphasis on what a benefit and service firewood cutters provide to the forests and environment. Reduces fuel wood, forest fires, net reduction in carbon emissions, free labor etc. They can't afford to NOT keep the program!

We pay high taxes in Ct, so this is a double disappointing.