1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Cubex Pellets @ $270 a Ton ?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by localbulldog, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. localbulldog

localbulldog New Member

Loc:
    Eastern MA
    A local dealer in Southern NH has Cubex Hardwood Pellets for $270 a ton- Good Price ? Good Pellet ?

We have been using the premium New England wood pellet - anyone know how it compares ?

Thanks ! :)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mjbrown

mjbrown Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Hartland,Me.
    localbulldog,
    i am in maine , and the last time i was at my supplier, cubex were 260 per ton.its understandable that the price is going to go up as the trucking outfits are getting the shaft with fuel prices.

i liked the cubex alot, had no problems with them, very little sawdust. as far as how they are compared to newpies... right now, i bought 4 bags this weekend to get me thru the damp weather, and i like them. as with cubex, i see very little sawdust, no big clumps.

i bought a few bags of energex at aubuchon last week, and thought they were no better, but more expensive.

the cubex were much more to my liking, and i think i would buy them at 270 per ton without a second thought. as far as i am concerned, if the price of pellets went to 300 per ton, its still cheaper per heating season than burning oil. but thats just my opinion.

mike
  3. localbulldog

localbulldog New Member

Loc:
    Eastern MA
    Thank you for your comments. I bought 5 bags to try them out and noticed that there was NO sawdust at all.
  4. kilarney

kilarney New Member

Loc:
    Vermont
    I just bought a couple of bags. I think they are fantastic pellets - no sawdust whatsoever.

The dealer in Lancaster, NH has them for $220/ton. He says that the price will most likely go to $230 in June and $250 in August.

I did a little research on the pellets. They are made by a hardwood flooring manufacturer. The pellets are processed right at the same mill - thus this nice quality. There's very little room for contamination, etc.
  5. localbulldog

localbulldog New Member

Loc:
    Eastern MA
    Thanks - I plan on buying 4 Ton
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.