custom cat sizes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mellow

Resident Stove Connoisseur
Jan 19, 2008
Salisbury, MD
Anyone know of a place that sells custom sized cats? I need one for my sierra, and it is an older one that apparently no one has ever heard of before. Anyway, I need two cats sized 5L x 4H.

The cats in the holder currently are not canned, I tried clear skies unlimited and they only do canned cats, anyone know if its possible to put a canned cat in a non canned cat holder?

Which model is that insert? I don't recall you ever saying in any of your posts.

BrotherBart said:
Which model is that insert? I don't recall you ever saying in any of your posts.

That is the fun part BB, this model was not included with the sale to SPI, it is an older model and when they took over Sierra they only wanted the plans to the newer models, so any info on this stove is out in la la land. I can't find anything on it. I sent pictures to SPI and they have no clue and could not tell me anyone to contact that would have worked on it at Sierra.

One of the reasons why I am looking for another stove, especially if I can not find new cats to fit it.

The original company put metal plates on the right side of the shroud, as you face the stove, that had model number, clearance, UL and manufacturing data. Hard to believe it came off. Whatever they put the things on with stuck'em down good.

Status
Not open for further replies.