damper in open position

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maur

Hearth Supporter
Oct 16, 2009
l.i.
I have used my Harman Exception for three years .The chimney and stove were cleaned .I lit it today and was unable to close the damper .When the fire goes out what should I look for ? Thank You .

bet your dampner plate is smashed or cracked apart, go to ace hardware get a new one for 9 bucks

maur said:
The damper is intact , must wait until the fire cools

how do you know this?

greythorn3 said:
bet your dampner plate is smashed or cracked apart, go to ace hardware get a new one for 9 bucks

Ace hardware sells Harman parts, or are you thinking he means a pipe damper?

i am thinking he means a pipe dampner, is that not right?

It is a mystery of the church my son, only he who knows can provide the answer. I'll bet a bag of pellets that he means stove damper...and I didnt even check to see if that stove has a damper...any takers?

i wont bet, im to good at being wrong.

The damper in the wood stove insert is on the rear upper wall and is described in the parts book as damper weldment , the control rod or ' damper link ' wont budge

Found the problem of the stuck to open- postition damper .There was an accumilation of ash on top of the damper plate from the chimney cleaning. I wndered why there was so little ash in the stove .Now will try to access behind the damper with snaky brush or vac nozzle .

Status
Not open for further replies.