DC circulation pump

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emesine

Hearth Supporter
Apr 24, 2009
Indiana
I'd like to run my heating system on solar power if at all possible..... Does anyone make DC circulation pumps, zone valves, etc?

Andrew

There are some DC circulators, such as :

http://www.lainginc.com/pages/dc_ph.htm

They may not have the same performance curves as the common USA AC-powered circulators, so make sure they are really right for the quantity of water you need to move, and the amount of head/ resistance you need to overcome

I know one company off hand, March Pump. www.marchpump.com. I dont know if they make a brushless version. I would love to hear if anyone out there knows of a good brushless DC circulator.

WRboiler said:
I know one company off hand, March Pump. www.marchpump.com. I dont know if they make a brushless version. I would love to hear if anyone out there knows of a good brushless DC circulator.

Hi Peter- the Laing DC circs are brushless, electrically commutated, and the rotor spins on a ceramic ball-shaped spindle; the ones I've examined exude Teutonic quality in both design and manufacture.

Status
Not open for further replies.