dealer reviews?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlhfirelion

Feeling the Heat
Aug 6, 2007
I can't seem to locate the section (if there even is one) but is there a section where dealers are reviewed?

In the Fast Navigation dropdown above, there are links to retailers and stove reviews, I have never seen a dealer review.

Ain't gonna happen. Craig wouldn't let just one side in. Well, that and he used to be a dealer. :lol:

BB its time to bring out the burning barrel avatar again...I liked that one!!!

I doubt there would be enough reviews on a particular dealer to provide any real info.....you'd need a couple dozen on a single dealer just to get any sort of accurate take.

In most communities, the dealer in question already has a reputation. I know we did!

Also, the quality of a dealership becomes obvious fairly quickly once you walk into the store. How long have they been in business? Do they treat you as an equal and try to educate you (like we do here)? Or do they seem to just want to make the quick $$ ?

In some cases, I happen to know the reputation of certain dealers....so if your profile had the location filled in, I might have a suggestion or two...especially in the mid-atlantic and new england.

Webmaster said:
In some cases, I happen to know the reputation of certain dealers....so if your profile had the location filled in, I might have a suggestion or two...especially in the mid-atlantic and new england.

This is true, Craig knows alot of people in all tiers of the hearth industry. You could also ask for references from the dealer in question. I used to have a handful of people that were more than happy to say what they thought. I know that it's kind of handpicked from the dealer but they're still people who did business with me and were more than happy.
Two other things to consider is that no one has a 100% satisfaction rate and there are always two sides to every story. A person is more likely to tell, and embelish, a bad experience to anyone within earshot than they are to speak about a good one. I think it's because the good experience is expected, and not as surprising to a person as a bad one would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.