Defiant encore model number?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jchap44

Nov 10, 2017
Minnesota
Hello, I have a defiant encore in the home we purchased about a year ago. I have not been able to find the manual for it and the back has a heat shield so I can't see the plate on it. Is there another way to identify which model I have? Thanks!

Attachments

• 15103297370641447022371.jpg
    15103297370641447022371.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 882
Can you slip your phone down behind the heat shield and snap a pic?
She's burning right now but the space is real tight my hand won't fit down there. I've been looking all over for some sort of numbers. The underside of the lid has some but I assume that won't tell me much.

So if yours has a single pane of glass in each door, then it is a 2190. If it has double glass, then it's a 2140 or 0028, which are the same for all purposes. The last incarnation of the Defiant was the Defiant 3, or 0028. They thought it would be cute if the Defiant Encre had the exact same model number as its predecessor. Turned out to be too confusing I guess, cause they later gave it its own model number, the2140. 2140 and 2190 are totally different inside (except the actual catalytic combustor is the same), so it's important to figure out which you have.

That's great info thank you! My doors have a single pane of glass. Oddly enough I need to get new glass as there's a small crack in the corner of one. Plus I need to put glass gasket in and upgrade some of the other gaskets. Just want to give it a little tune up. I have to check the catalyst as well. Thanks again. Real helpful.