Do all stoves require fire brick?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trktrd

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 12, 2010
Arkansas
This will be my second season with my Ashley. After alot of trial and error and help from you guys, got her working great last year. I did get the unit used and had to replace cats, gaskets, etc. but never gave fire bricks a thought. Don't see a place they would go in the stove except to sit on top of the removeable grates. That wouldn't make too much sense. ????

Trktrd said:
This will be my second season with my Ashley. After alot of trial and error and help from you guys, got her working great last year. I did get the unit used and had to replace cats, gaskets, etc. but never gave fire bricks a thought. Don't see a place they would go in the stove except to sit on top of the removeable grates. That wouldn't make too much sense. ????

No. All stoves do not have fire bricks.

Although our old Ashley stove was different from yours, our stove also did not have firebrick. It served us well for 25 years or more but we were very happy to change to a much better stove. Now we burn just half the amount of wood we did with that Ashley and we stay a whole lot warmer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.