do I or do don't I

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
supposed to be 43 degrees tonight...do I start the stove up again or don't I...I know the wife and kids think I should...so I guess I better..

Simple question, simple answer......YES.
I would but I burnt my last "dry" load last night. Too much rain lately.

"do I or don't I?" Is that like "will she or won't she?" LOL, couldn't resist.

chrisasst said:
supposed to be 43 degrees tonight...do I start the stove up again or don't I...I know the wife and kids think I should...so I guess I better..

If you don't, I guarantee she'll have a 'headache' tonight...........................

tjnamtiw said:
chrisasst said:

If you don't, I guarantee she'll have a 'headache' tonight...........................

hmm, I think I would have the headache from her screaming all night...

I would fire my stove up but I duct taped a plastic bag outside over the exhaust to keep the bees out.

been running mine since last night, still running it now but getting hot in here, first floor around 75 degrees.....

I'm still running mine on and off.....that's the nice thing about having it hooked to a stat. It comes on when it needs to....just leave stat set at 70, makes sure pellets are in the hopper, set room blower on low, and I'm good to go....still cheaper than the oil I have in the tank from last winters delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.