Do they make a pellet stove where...........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPO

Minister of Fire
............the heat blows out the top?

Not all the air. But some stoves have a trivet that blows some air out of the top. The.Magnum Baby Countryside is one of them. There are a couple others.

The Enerzone Euromax (Drolet - 65) has a duct kit that starts it off straight up. But its designed to take 2 ducts off the end.

What are you wondering about??

DexterDay said:
Not all the air. But some stoves have a trivet that blows some air out of the top. The.Magnum Baby Countryside is one of them. There are a couple others.

The Enerzone Euromax (Drolet - 65) has a duct kit that starts it off straight up. But its designed to take 2 ducts off the end.

What are you wondering about??
Since mine is in the finished basement , utilizing the metalbestos chimney previously used for a wood stove with a floor vent directly above it , It would be more efficient if I could blow that hot air straight up thru the floor .
Presently my pellet stove is facing another floor vent approx 15 ft away where I have a 10" fan blowing warm air upstairs. It already does an admirable job heating most of my upstairs but I`m always looking to improve what i have.

Yes gio, There are a few you can hook duct work to. Drotlet eco 65 is one that has a plenum kit available. The Enviro Maxx and Maxx M also have a kit. Then there are the furnaces. Harmans PF100, St Croix Revolution and the Endurance. Probably a few more too! ;-)

Thanks guys. I`m gonna check out everyones replies and see if anything strikes my fancy.

Running a furnace into your existing HVAC or even just running one or two 10" ducts to the main areas in your home would work. An 800 CFM blower really moves some air.

ChrisWNY has a Fahrenheit that is only ducted to 2 ducts in his main living quarters. If you search his profile for past threads. He has detailed pics.

Here is a shot of mine.

Attachments

• FahrenheitEndurance.jpg
    FahrenheitEndurance.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,001
I also should think about not using the finished basement in the winter anymore and install a more attractive pellet stove on the main floor and be done with it.
There`s only me and the wife now and we are in our 70`s.
God, How I hate the thought of paying $4 -$5 for a gallon of fuel oil.

DexterDay said:
Running a furnace into your existing HVAC or even just running one or two 10" ducts to the main areas in your home would work. An 800 CFM blower really moves some air.

ChrisWNY has a Fahrenheit that is only ducted to 2 ducts in his main living quarters. If you search his profile for past threads. He has detailed pics.

Here is a shot of mine.
Thats quite a setup. Thanks Dexter.

The Enviro Empress has a decent size oval opening in the top cast but still 80% of the air goes out the front or sides

Nice !! How many bags does the phone hold? BTU's, Auto-ingnite?

Dexter, I think I see a very small dust bunny in the corner. Not sure, probably mistaken. Nice set up!

Czech said:
Dexter, I think I see a very small dust bunny in the corner. Not sure, probably mistaken. Nice set up!

The dust bunny probably fell off the top of the ductwork when he was polishing it!!! My theory is he's not in the picture because he's getting his 50 Hp vacuum from the garage!! ;-)

j-takeman said:
Yes gio, There are a few you can hook duct work to. Drotlet eco 65 is one that has a plenum kit available. The Enviro Maxx and Maxx M also have a kit. Then there are the furnaces. Harmans PF100, St Croix Revolution and the Endurance. Probably a few more too! ;-)

Do you know the kit number for the enviro? I saw it here a few days ago and now i cant find it!!

rhider said:
j-takeman said:

Do you know the kit number for the enviro? I saw it here a few days ago and now i cant find it!!

I did a search for the MAXX Distribution Kit to find it. Here is the link to the thread.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/88254/#1073267

It looks like two round ducts coming off the rear of the stove or am I not seeing it right?
I want to duct straight up?

Gio said:
It looks like two round ducts coming off the rear of the stove or am I not seeing it right?

Looks that way.. But you just have to install 90°'s right off the back of the stove. Then they will go straight up.... It looks like it just restricts some of the airflow from the front Main vent. Some air is still allowed to escape out of the front. To help heat the space the stove is in also.

The Eco-65 is the same way. Although the duct kit is located on the front/top of stove. But air is still released into rhe room the stove is in...

Along with the radiant heat, that bit of air should keep the downstairs warm and the ducts will take care of the main floor. With no return, the basement has to be heated anyways. Its inevitable.

DexterDay said:
Gio said:

Looks that way.. But you just have to install 90°'s right off the back of the stove. Then they will go straight up.... It looks like it just restricts some of the airflow from the front Main vent. Some air is still allowed to escape out of the front. To help heat the space the stove is in also.

The Eco-65 is the same way. Although the duct kit is located on the front/top of stove. But air is still released into rhe room the stove is in...

Along with the radiant heat, that bit of air should keep the downstairs warm and the ducts will take care of the main floor. With no return, the basement has to be heated anyways. Its inevitable.

That should work nearly perfect for my application as long as adding two 90`s and going up abut 5 ft doesn`t restrict the fan motor.
Those two ducts look kinda small though.

4" ducts I believe. But the Maxx's blower is close to 500 CFM. So if its divided equally (doubt it), thats about 165 CFM (or a standard pellet stove convection blower). Which should be plenty for each room. IMO.

I wish I knew about about the Maxx and its kit or the Drolet (Enerzone), before buying my furnace. I only bought the furnace to heat my kids rooms. The 2 vents would have been perfect.

Love my furnace though. Just wish it would get COLD!!! Its about 58° right now. Gonna be 30° tomorrow. Was 16° two days ago. Weird weather. ? ? ?

Now to decide between the Eco65 and the Enviro Max and the best place to buy either. Then there is the service and parts availability thing to consider and are you handcuffed to the selling dealer for them?

DexterDay said:
4" ducts I believe. But the Maxx's blower is close to 500 CFM. So if its divided equally (doubt it), thats about 165 CFM (or a standard pellet stove convection blower). Which should be plenty for each room. IMO.

I wish I knew about about the Maxx and its kit or the Drolet (Enerzone), before buying my furnace. I only bought the furnace to heat my kids rooms. The 2 vents would have been perfect.

Love my furnace though. Just wish it would get COLD!!! Its about 58° right now. Gonna be 30° tomorrow. Was 16° two days ago. Weird weather. ? ? ?

Came home yesterday and the wife had the stove cooking at #2 and had the windows open.... Said she was hot!!!

Eatonpcat said:
DexterDay said:

Came home yesterday and the wife had the stove cooking at #2 and had the windows open.... Said she was hot!!!
Wow. It was almost 70° outside yestersay!!!

She must be Hot! !

Had a small fire in the wood eater last night. Went to bed and it was 72° inside. Woke up and it was 70°…

Didnt get very cold last night. Gonna be 30° tonight and we have bulbs popping up everywhere. Couple of our trees are gonna start to bud out. Then we will get a snow storm or some good frosts and ruin it all.

DexterDay said:
Eatonpcat said:
DexterDay said:

Wow. It was almost 70° outside yestersay!!!

She must be CRAZY! !

Had a small fire in the wood eater last night. Went to bed and it was 72° inside. Woke up and it was 70°…

Didnt get very cold last night. Gonna be 30° tonight and we have bulbs popping up everywhere. Couple of our trees are gonna start to bud out. Then we will get a snow storm or some good frosts and ruin it all.

Fixed it for you!! We also have Hostas, Daylillies and other bulbs poking out of the ground already, and the Redbud trees look like they will bloom soon. Like you say, we will probably have a heavy frost next week and kill everything!!

Status
Not open for further replies.