1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Does anybody here make Business cards ?

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by Pallet Pete, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

I am looking to make some business cards for my side work. Does anybody now where to get them made or make them at a good price ?
    Thanks
    Pete

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. stee6043

stee6043 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    Online sources for business cards are a dime a dozen. Google it. If you want something fancy on heavier stock or need some design work to go along with your cards you may want to check in with a local graphic artist/graphic designer. Well designed cards can be an effective marketing tool...
  3. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    I had Susan (gf) make mine up on the home PC. Not sure what program she used, but she bought some card stock at Staples & I printed em right at home.

Edit:
    She used word. Set to print on the Avery business card stock.
  4. granpajohn

granpajohn Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Maryland
    ^ Same here ^... I used to make them up like this many years ago using Autocad so I could have quite elaborate graphics. Just had reason to make up a batch of more everyday style cards, and found it super easy with Avery software already installed on both the iMac and the MSWord systems. Worked first try.

If you will need hundreds; hire a press to do it.
  5. seige101

seige101 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Palmer, MA
    Vistaprint.com like 10 bucks for 250 or 500 of them
  6. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

I believe Zap has a print shop.
  7. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    Staples copy and print has a thing where you can design them on their website and they'll print and deliver them...or pick up at a local store.
  8. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    I've used Vistaprint several times and have been very satisfied with the quality.
    mfglickman and MasterMech like this.
  9. Shane N

Shane N Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Central MN
    UMainah likes this.
  10. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Yes, use Vista Print. They run deals all of the time so google before you order. If you have questions, my info is in my profile, i'll be glad to help you, I was a graphic artist for a long time and still do a lot of marketing collateral for my job. Vista Print has a great user friendly site, even for the design impaired, I recommend it and use them a lot myself.
  11. eclecticcottage

eclecticcottage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WNY
    We used Zazzle. I designed them, and I liked their silver cards, looked a little shiny like chrome-perfect for us. I can't recall how much they were. Years ago I used the ones you print yourself but didn't like the edges, they weren't crisp like "real" ones are, because they are perforated instead of cut with a cutter.
  12. Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mid Atlantic
    I printed my own using 'glabels' in Ubuntu (a Linux OS). I'm so-so as a graphics designer. Not too bad, I guss. They came out reasonably OK, enough that I'd definitely continue to design and print my own. Avery makes business card stock where the cards tear down into 10 individual cards from a sheet of 8.5 x 11 in card stock. They use micro- perforations which don't really show much, once torn apart. I like the ones I made myself a lot.

So far as the commercials, I'd recommend vistaprint.com. They even have a free deal and some of the cards don't look half bad. I think the deal was 250 for free using their few formats available. They also have plenty of cheap deals like 500 cards or so for 10 bucks, with a lot more choice. Well worth looking into IMO.

I've not used them personally, a friend of mine has. I thought his free cards looked pretty darned good!
  13. nate379

nate379 Guest

Yeah I used them this summer for my firewood business. Was $25ish for 250 cards and 2 about 12x14" magnets to go on my truck.
  14. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Thanks Guys I used Vistaprint.com

Pete
  15. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Hey Pete, one bit for the future, I have business card sized magnets (from vistaprint) that I give out too. I know I rarely keep business cards for a long time but have fridge magnets from 20 years ago. ;)
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  16. Hogwildz

Hogwildz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Next to nuke plant Berwick, PA.
    I make my own in Miscrosoft word. Using clean edge pre-cut cards. Print, snap along the lines, wallah, business cards.