Does anyone have any thoughts on us stove company ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, more people seem to have had "issues" with them, than not. Was there a particular reason why he was interested in it?

IMO, more people seem to have had "issues" with them, than not. Was there a particular reason why he was interested in it?
He can get this at a local hardware store for $1699 he liked the price and that it had an agitator in the burn pot

I can find most of US Stoves products on CL used or hardly used for about half price of new. Currently Fleet Farm is clearancing most of thier heating products. I think the 6041 is 1299.00. There is alot of US Stove products out there.

My buddy has a 6039 that he regrets buying new. I like to go the good used stove route.

Wait a bit and Tractor Supply will be clearancing them. They have a 30% Off sale on all heaters now, But I have seen 50% off in the spring.

I bought my 6041 new 1.5 years ago. I got it for a fair price. Is it a "set it and forget it" stove? Nope. It requires a fair amount of tinkering to get burning right, but nothing that is extremely difficult. Is it terribly quiet? Not really. Does it throw good heat? Yep. Is it made with the same quality control as a stove from the "big three"? Nope. I joke that my 6041 rolled through quality control at 4:55 PM on Friday, July 3.

I'd suggest that you consider imacman's advice about AM/FM energy. Had I known about AM/FM when I was looking, I'd have gone with an Englander insert instead of the 6041. Price would have been roughly the same, and the support would be better.

Here 343amc.....I'll fix that mistake for you: "and the support would be WAY, WAY better!

I've never had to call US Stove, so I can't speak personally to their support. But, you don't see anyone from USSC posting here like Mike from Englander does. That speaks volumes about Englander's customer service, IMHO.

I have the 6039i insert and after 4 years and 12 tons I'm still lovin it. Has not let me down yet. Not one part have I bought. Gotta admit its not for the faint of heart, but its been a great stove for me. I was all set to buy a mt.vernon this season , its sitting a mile down the road if I need it, but it looks as though the old girl aint givin up this year either. AND you can call me willie and slap me silly but I can buy a 6041 insert for less than half the price of the mt. vernon and maybe I will.......when the 6039 finally craps out.

Doggy

Mine had an American flag and American made decal on the box. I bet that many of the components are made in China.
no just the box was made in america lol

Reactions: The Village Idiot
I want to thank everyone for input ,,,I will relay the info I think he may change his mind now and stay away ,,,thanks everybody

This one runs well and I am happy with it but then again I am an engineer/hobbyist and am used to having to fix and modify everything I get. But the one who spent the $1100 on it has had her share of frustrations and I don't blame her. Like others here I've had to do things to it that you shouldn't have to do to a brand new stove. Like come up with a fix for a sloppy fit burnpot that caused many ignite failures due to misalignment. I came up with the on/off thermostat so she could save money and heat the house without being cooked out in anything but hardcore winter, and it has been working well. I am only familiar with this pellet stove, have had no experience with others so I don't know what other stoves might have an on/off thermostat option straight from the factory. Or not have the issues that many seem to have had. I do have to say that we have had no problems of poor burn quality or anything like that. Maybe we got lucky and got better pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.