dollar bill test question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiojoe13

Feeling the Heat
Dec 22, 2014
alliance ohio
I decided to do dollar bill test on my Ashford 30.1 today. The latch seems to be a litter easier to latch than it used to be. In the top of the right hand side above the latch it seems to pull out alot easier. Everywhere else the bill didn't even move. How do I go about adjusting this. Thanks for your help.

9/16" wrench on the nut inside the firebox right behind the stud. I find it easiest to just use something to hold the stud and loosen the nut instead of trying to use two 9/16" wrenches. Just like with the bypass plate, a little tightening goes a long ways.

Edit - if it's just one spot, try fluffing the gasket out in that area.

9/16" wrench on the nut inside the firebox right behind the stud. I find it easiest to just use something to hold the stud and loosen the nut instead of trying to use two 9/16" wrenches. Just like with the bypass plate, a little tightening goes a long ways.

Edit - if it's just one spot, try fluffing the gasket out in that area.
I'm not seeing that stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.