Dollar bill test???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoot23

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2012
Alfred, Me
I've been seeing this a lot lately. My flame flutters slot like it's not sealed somewhere. I know it has something to do with the door gasket, but how is the test done. Sorry for the question. New to this pellet life, but loving every minute of it.

Send me all your dollars and I will send you the test kit.;)
Hoot it is easy, open door and place a bill along where the gasket is, shut door on bill, slide bill out and if there is no resistance you need new gasket. Try this on many areas of the door ( top, bottow, and sides)

Reactions: DexterDay
Send me all your dollars and I will send you the test kit.;)
Hoot it is easy, open door and place a bill along where the gasket is, shut door on bill, slide bill out and if there is no resistance you need new gasket. Try this on many areas of the door ( top, bottow, and sides)

Yep. .. Also dont forget to check ash pan gasket and hopper lid gasket (if unit has them). Any gasket can leak, causing a burn pot by-pass.

Thx guys, ill send you the buck I test with.

Reactions: DexterDay
hey dexter, where in ohio are u? i grew up in salem.

I work in Cleveland Ohio, but live in Ashland Co in Sullivan.

Lisbon area? My fathers family is in salineville.

Status
Not open for further replies.