1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Door Gasket and Hopper Lid Width

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by wellsme, Sep 15, 2012.

1. wellsme

wellsme Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    I'm trying to determine the width of the door gasket and hopper lid material for my Englander 55-SHP10. I am looking at a aftermarket purchase.
    Thanks all.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

Why not just order a complete "Early Bird" gasket kit direct from Englander? Comes with all the replacement gaskets for the unit plus the correct silicone sealer, and you will already know for sure that the gaskets are the correct ones.

Just my 2 cents.

www.englanderstoves.com/store/25-PDVC_Parts.html
  3. wellsme

wellsme Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
  4. wellsme

wellsme Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Imacman, I respect and appreciate your suggestion, I thought of the same thing. I have three stoves and I was just looking to save a few bucks by buying volume. I am also looking to start buying spare parts for my four year old stoves.
    P.S. I like your suggestion about the graphite spray, thanks.
  5. imacman

imacman Guest

OK, didn't realize that....you only mentioned the 1 stove in your first post.
  6. wellsme

wellsme Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Yea, I wasn't clear. I'm not a "pellet pig", but could I be considered a "pellet stove pig"?
  7. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

The Door gasket is 3/4" round and the Hopper lid gasket is 1/2" flat gasket.

I rebuilt a 25-PDV and personally I prefer the nice white 1/2" flat gasket you can purchase by the foot at the local hearth shop to the self stick Englander.
    I use Hi Temp Clear RTV to stick it on, works great!

Also I prefer the graphite impregnated gasket you can also purchase by the foot. It looks nicer and lasts longer than the white door gasket.
    Again I use Hi Temp Clear RTV to stick it on the hopper lip. It works better than the drippy cement.

Also I use a dremel with the wire brush wheel to remove all traces of the old cement. Works great and easy to do!
    See pics here > http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/pellet-stove-door-gasket-replacement.75826/
  8. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    NO, the hopper lid is 7/8 or an inch, but any thing flat will do.