Door gasket too big?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

burnt03

Feeling the Heat
Oct 30, 2011
Peachland, BC, Canada
Purchased some 7/8” rope gasket from my local stove shop, manual (Regency F2400) confirms the size as well but it looks way too big.

Is that just from being compressed all these years?

Door gasket too big?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your new gasket is a high density bronze gasket made by Meeco. They are bigger than the OEM, and don’t fit well at all. I’m not a fan of the product at all.

Agreed. I had that Meeco gold on the stove for 2 fires and took it off. It did not seal well. Your best results are going to be with the OEM gasket.

Any ideas for online sources of OEM gaskets? The stove shop I got it at is the local Regency dealer and that’s all they had

Any ideas for online sources of OEM gaskets? The stove shop I got it at is the local Regency dealer and that’s all they had
If that’s all they had, they are really trying to pinch pennies...