draft control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

followme21

Dec 28, 2007
iowa
I about have my installation complete, I have my chimney done and am now starting in on the stove, I bought all this stuff used and have nver had a wood-burner, although most of my family have had fireplaces, so mine is a little different, and doing some learning on the fly. My question is this: the setup I have has one of those "Barometric draft controls" on it with the counterweights that I guess must control the draft it automaticly? should there also be something to shut the flue down when not in use to keep the cold air from coming down the chimney? the chimney is about 22 feet high. thanks in advance.

It is unusual to use the Baro control on a woodstove: that is what you have? Can you provide more info on what you have- like stove make/model, how it is installed, what type of chimney, etc.

it is an "Aerocrat" free standing fireplace it pretty old i think, i can't find any onfo about it on line. i will be using the same setup the previous owner had. the chimney is triple wall 8" pipe running straight up through the ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.