Draft issue solved

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sutphenj

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2010
West MI
Going through the dollar bill gasket check on the door and realize I've never paid much attention to the glass gasket and WOW the glass wasn't square on the door and thus not sealed on one side. This was professionally installed...not good. Good reminder for everyone to do their maintenance checks etc.

Attachments

• 20181004_174258.jpg
    20181004_174258.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 202
Yikes! Big gap.

Is that a Jotul?

what keyed you off to a problem in the first place? You said "draft problems" in the subject.?
Excessive draft with short burn times. In short I couldn't really get the fire to calm down....hadn't really seen a lazy flame in the stove yet. Would chew through a full load in 4 hrs easy. I had assumed with my 25ft+ pipe that it was just a function of the install.

Reactions: mdrew
Nice catch and an easy fix! Way better than having to install a damper and having to fiddle with that everytime you start the stove.