Dremel jig?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
I cannot hold the correct angle when sharpening chains. I intend to build a jig to hold my Dremel at the correct angles. Anyone done this that can share their experience?

If you already have the file n joint all you need is a way to clamp your dremel to that jig. That should take care of all your angles minus the stop, which is nothing more than a thumb screw.

At $75, is it worth RE?

I cannot hold the correct angle when sharpening chains. I intend to build a jig to hold my Dremel at the correct angles. Anyone done this that can share their experience?
I also use the dremel. I hose clamp a manual chain file guide to the dremel. Did it years ago. I use the angle from the manual file guide, while using the dremel.
8559700.jpg

I also use the dremel. I hose clamp a manual chain file guide to the dremel. Did it years ago. I use the angle from the manual file guide, while using the dremel.
View attachment 217292
I have that, too. Having a tough time imagining how to clamp the dremel to the manual file guide. Any chance you have a picture with the dremel attached?

I have that, too. Having a tough time imagining how to clamp the dremel to the manual file guide. Any chance you have a picture with the dremel attached?
One hose clamp

Attachments

• 20171208_225514.jpg
    20171208_225514.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 185
There are lines on the dremmel gaurd. I merely make sure the line is parallel with the angle of the tooth and go. Never had a problem that way.

There are lines on the dremmel gaurd. I merely make sure the line is parallel with the angle of the tooth and go. Never had a problem that way.
I've tried that for years. There are some of us who are artists and some not. I'm no artist, and have a very unsteady hand. I gave up on freehand for good in 2017.

I've tried that for years. There are some of us who are artists and some not. I'm no artist, and have a very unsteady hand. I gave up on freehand for good in 2017.
LOL, fair enough.