Drolet eco 45 - random issue, won't fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCZON

Feb 23, 2014
Ontario, CAN
This morning when my husband got up, we had a P code, which occasionally happens when we get a really strong east wind. He did a quick cleanup of the stove, though didn't clean the pressure hose. The stove wouldn't fire. Just lights on, not not firing in either manual or thermostat mode.

I got up, did a more through cleaning, made sure the preasure hose was blowing clear, and tried again. Nothing.

I tried the reset code for that is supposed to clear out an overheat code, did nothing.

Somewhere on this site was a botton combination that puts the stove in test mode, but now I can't get it out of test mode. Oops.

I have left a message for tech support, since they are pretty awesome, but I'm going to guess they are still on holidays today.

Any suggestions/ideas? I can tell you the combex blower, pressure switch and control panel have all been replaced in the last 2 years or less.

We are not without heat because of the oil furnace, but the pellet stove is our main heat source, the furnace is more of the heat mover, so getting the stove running again is a priority.

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

All of that. Hubby did more testing. Looks like our combex, that is less than 2 yrs old is done :(

Straight from the factory 2yrs, as an aftermarket part, not sure. Hoping to talk to them tomorrow

Turns out replacement parts only have a 6 mos warranty. The replacement is coming, but we now have 2 'dead' ones that we are going to have looked at to see if they can be rebuilt. We have a great shop local that was able to rebuild our hot tub pump, and some connections for better prices. If we can get one/both rebuilt, we'll have spares on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.