Drolet Savannah Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jds015

Mar 4, 2013
NW NC
We purchased a drolet savannah last spring and are now ready to install it. I am looking at duravent double-wall black stove pipe for inside, to cut down on clearances, and duravent chimney outside. This will be a "through-the-wall" installation. I just want to make sure 1. the duravent products are good and 2. I will purchase all the needed components and not be surprised I am missing something when it comes time to put it together. So far I plan on purchasing the duravent close connector kit (my stovepipe), then a double-wall elbow to go into the "through-the-wall" kit (also duravent) and then enough chimney pipe to obtain the necessary height above my ridge line. I will likely purchase through Northern Tool and Home Depot. One seems to have better prices on some items while the other has better on others. Could anyone please advise if I am missing any key components and if these are quality items? Thanks for any responses!

Locking bands?

Roof brace, if you need it.

You might want to price out the components of the kit individually. Sometimes the kit is overpriced.

Dura-vent is good stuff.

Duravent is used by many here, and I haven't seen any complaints. Another I see many using is Excel.

On suppliers, I see many using Rockford Chimney, which is where I ended up ordering some of my components.

Status
Not open for further replies.