Duraplus through the wall install help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscore24

Nov 20, 2010
Maine
I'm installing the duraplus through the wall using the kit. My problem is dealing with the overhang on the side of the house. Can I install it without putting in an elbow? What do I use for bracing since the T support only brings it out 2". I need the pipe to be 10" from the sheathing. Also what pipe can I use coming through the wall since it is only a 9" peice and needs to be another 8 or 9inches. Please help. It's probably simple but I'm not seeing it. Never done this before.

Welcome to the forums. The pipe mfg. installation guides are a great help here. Download them for detailed steps. It sounds like you may be buying a kit here? If so, it might not be the best for your needs if you need a longer class A thimble to go from the tee through the wall. This should be std. class A pipe which will come in longer lengths.

This thread might be helpful to you. It discusses the options of offsetting around or cutting through the soffit.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/60481/

Status
Not open for further replies.