Duravent vent kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

workinprogress

Nov 1, 2014
Vermont
Just picked up a duravent pellet vent kit from lowes. Have to love the price match and 10% discount. Turns out Home Depot has same kit for $197 but lowes is selling it for $229. With price match and additional discount came out at $178.

Reactions: bags
in 2011 I paid $230 with a military discount and a coupon at lowes.
Denny

I think you did well(grasshopper),As you posted while I was typing,simpson has not exsisted for almost 4 years.All the new duravent has silicone rubber seals,inside the pipes,almost the same as icc pipes,but there is a whole lot of older stuff out there being sold,as they can.Not a big deal,but the older stuff will have to be siliconed sealed heavily(normal for older duravent.I still think you made a good buy,but I have been wrong before.

This duravent has the rope gaskets so I figured I would have to silicon the joints. Good to know about the heavy silicon. I picked up a small tube so maybe I will need another tube or pick up a regular caulking gun sized tube of high temp. Hope to have the trim onto the hearth pad tonight. Will then set things up and take some final measurements. Checked last night and I can get three feet and a little with the vent running inside before I go through the wall. Framing in the wall a little strange so have to lay things out carefully.

Was able to get the stove positioned tonight. Turns out due to sloped ceiling and some strange framing spacing in the wall I will need to go out and up. Going to sleep on it tonight but that is the current plan. image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.