Dutch West 2461

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twelvey

Oct 8, 2014
Southern Indiana
Good morning everybody,

I'm a new homeowner in southern Indiana and right now my home is only heated with propane :( However, it does have a chimney! So I'm looking at a Dutch West 2461 Large wood stove for sale near me. It's 14 years old but it looks super clean and the guy says it's only had about a dozen fires in it over the years. He kept it in a finished basement and only used it as supplemental/emergency heat. It comes with a hearth pad and several pieces of pipe and the guy wants $600 for the whole sha-bang. My house is 2 story A frame 1900 sq. ft and we are looking at this to run as primary heat in the evenings for us when we are home from work. Thoughts on whether I should pull the trigger on it? Thanks!

Not a bad deal at all if the stove is in like new condition and the cat has not been poisoned or accidentally compromised.

Are you planning on lining the chimney? Have it inspected and cleaned first. How tall is it and what is the clay liner size?

Status
Not open for further replies.