Dutchwest stoves - front loading

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Been looking at the Dutchwest cat stoves, and wondering how useful that front door is for loading. If putting in a fireplace, and making the side door inaccessible, can one expect to use that tiny front door as the primary means of loading?

I don't feel that it is useful at all. I grew up burning wood in Dutchwest wood stoves and the only time the front door was ever opened was for cleaning purposes. That being said you could load wood through the front however the door opening is significantly smaller than the fire box which makes it almost impossible to completely fill it up. Just my .02 cents worth.

Hmm... that's what I thought. Oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.