Earth Stove Model MP 35 - Rheostate Problems (i think)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmcmillan1

Nov 14, 2006
Western Maryland
Having trouble with room air blower. It only kicks on when stove gets real hot, to keep it from overheating. So basically operating in over ride mode. I think it is the rheostate, because no matter what setting I put it on, blower never comes on. Should run on settings. Is this easy to replace and am i on the right track? Thanks.

There is no "e" on rheostat.

Need some more information here. It sounds like your blower is fine. What is sounds like you have is a temperature activated blower, but I don't know what "settings" you are referring to. Somewhere surface mounted on the stove is a temperature sensor, basically a bi-metallic switch, that "sees" when your stove is hot and turns on the blower. It has a pre-determined fixed temperature setting. What I don't know if the "rheostat" you refer to will actually turn the blower on and off, or it it has pre-set speed settings for the blower motor.

This "rheostat" you refer to, did it at one time manually allow you to turn the blower on and/or vary the speed of the blower, regardless of whether the stove was running or not?

Give us a little more detailed information of how the blower worked in the past, and how you ran it.

I have a blower on my old Blaze Princess, but it has no variable control. Its either on or off, has no variable speed, and the operator has to turn it on/off. It has no automatic feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.