Eastern U.S. to bask in unusually warm conditions to start November

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I am sitting is expected to get 7 to 11" of albino rain. Not happy.:mad:
they are calling for almost 70* thursday and 50s for Christmas. I LOVE IT!!!!!! and NO snow yet!!!!

We did end up getting about 11" during that one, but it is all gone. Not sure about others, but so far I am loving this el 'weather' o effect. Xmas day forecast is sunny and 43F. Whooo hoooo.

These high temps this year are showing up all around the globe. Daffodils are reported blooming in London parks. Out here we have several plants that are blooming and some narcissus are already out of the ground and 8" tall.
http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2015/dec/20/global-warming-weather-environment-el-nino
Photographed Saturday
View attachment 169909 View attachment 169910 View attachment 169911

We have dandelions and some of my wife's perennial flowers sprouting in the yard. Im concerned the grass might start growing and Ill have to drag the mower out again. One of my kids got a tick a week ago and we still have bugs in te yard.

I know others may like this but I definitely do not. Its just not right. Come spring when all our gardens area mud pit, the bugs are epic and it hits 90 in April, I will not be happy.

Yes, it's the bugs in all shapes forms and sizes that concern me.

This may make that wood stove sale come earlier than usual. Id like to get it in January if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.