EKO

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MADDOG

Apr 5, 2007
stny.rr.com
[si=3][/size]
DONT MEAN TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE IM NEW!!
LOOKING AT AN EKO-60 THINKING OF PUTTING IN A NEW 3 CAR GARAGE,WHAT IF ANY ARE CLERANCES AND DO WE ALL THINK IT IS SAFE IN A GARAGE SETTING,ALSO DOES ANYONE OWN ONE AND HOW DO THEY LIKE IT? HELP TRYING TO GET INFORMED AND THIS SEEMS LIKE THE BEST PLACE TO START
THANKS kjm

Eric Johnson is putting in one this year. He should be along shortly.

And Elk will be along to raise hell about it going into a garage.

MADDOG said:
[si=3][/size]
DONT MEAN TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE IM NEW!!
LOOKING AT AN EKO-60 THINKING OF PUTTING IN A NEW 3 CAR GARAGE,WHAT IF ANY ARE CLERANCES AND DO WE ALL THINK IT IS SAFE IN A GARAGE SETTING,ALSO DOES ANYONE OWN ONE AND HOW DO THEY LIKE IT? HELP TRYING TO GET INFORMED AND THIS SEEMS LIKE THE BEST PLACE TO START
THANKS kjm

Welcome to the forum, but please note, we are not hard of seeing, so you don't need to SHOUT! (IOW please turn off your caps-lock key and type in normal mixed case)

The manual for the stove will list the required clearances, however as pointed out in the previous post, it is NOT legal or safe to install any kind of wood stove in a garage... Some folks will argue the merits of the rule, but current codes very explicitly prohibit stoves in garages.

Gooserider

Everybody I've talked to or corresponded with who has the EKO is happy with it. Apparently it's pretty well engineered and built. It's a little cheaper than a Tarm (though not that much) and the 60 will take 24-inch wood, which I have an abundance of. You're going to need dry wood. What they say about garages and codes is apparently true. Mine is going into a cinderblock enclosure in a barn.

The best price I found was here: cozyheat.net

[email protected] has been really helpful with the piping design.

Status
Not open for further replies.