Emergency - Jotul Rockland secondary tube out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2009
Connecticut
Hi Guys,

I just noticed that the Jotul Rockland insert's secondary tube is out of its hole. The tube has two sections. I'm noticing that one of the sections is out of the hole and hanging down. what should I do?

Thanks

Put it back in. If you have a fire going, let it die down. Once cool, you will have to place the tubes back into place. They are held in place by the weight of the baffle and most importantly by a hole in the tube and corresponding male part on the baffle. The fact that the tube fell out tells me it was not installed correctly. Maybe the baffle wasnt in the right place.

What keeps the tube in its place? You are referring to a hole that the baffle will plug in to. That is the middle of the firebox. There is some support towards the left and right hand side of the firebox. Can you help me understand that a little bit?

I'm thinking that the Baffle is the black thing on the top center of the firebox to which the pipes are attached to. It has a smal arch kinda hole structure through which the pipes pass. How do make that attachment?

The baffle is the two thick steel plates which float on top of the tubes. The baffle has the small nipple which fits into the hole on the tube. It keeps the tube from sliding left to right, therefore not fall out.

Read through the manual. It gives instructions on removing the baffles for cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.