Empyre Elite 200...as bad as the others?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinohio

Jan 3, 2014
Winchester, Ohio
Have a local sales/installer sells both Empyre and Woodmaster, he is pushing me towards the empyre but not liking what I've read. Seems like lots of corrosion but most have either the 100 or early 150, and nobody is saying they have enjoyed their customer service. Sales man here said he did replace some of the early units and felt a lot of the problems were moisture content of wood, and that empyre stood behind their product by giving new stoves. Also said that the new SS is the way to go as it laminated over the original giving "twice" the protection but is starting to sound more like a patch. I asked if any one is running woodmaster in the boiler room and got crickets, gonna pop over to the biomass forum and see if they are hiding over there. Thanks and love the site!

plan and simple you would be better off having teeth pulled then deal with empire ( profab ) I am on my second xt 200. second one is a SS. as far as I am concerned the changes they made to the new stove did not do any good. a good example would be having to clean out the secondary air passage for the second time in a month and removing enough creosote to fill a three pound coffee can. the little side kicker plate from the wall over the top of the brick and the plate over the passage are more a pain then good. just my .02

Well that the impression I'm getting...he seems to favor the empyre over wood master, not sure if it has to do with profit margin or what. When pushed about the wood master he has nothing bad to say about them other than price and require storage, which I have plenty of space for and had planned on any way. Keep the complaints coming guys.

I'm not a boiler guy, but the Woodmaster flex fuel looks pretty impressive. Lambda, variable speed induced draft, PELLET AND WOOD. Has to be expensive, but it sure looks good to me.

Any reason to not consider other brands/dealers?

TS

Go elsewhere then. I drove a long way to get my boiler, and to be honest the dealer is just for parts for me. Haven't needed any yet. They did send me a full copy of the manual as the original owner couldn't find it, so plug for New Horizion there. I bought my boiler new on Craigslist, original owner fell ill and never installed it/wanted it gone.

TS

So far only local I have found for a gasser

Although a local parts & service source is good, don't let that confine your choices in a boiler. I'm over 1000 miles away from the dealer I got mine from, and couldn't be happier with it.

my dealer is near Mansfield Ohio. yes he is helping me fight with empyer. he is now selling heat master which is a out door gasification boiler. really great dealer very helpful. PM for a phone number

I have a dealer for heat master less than 30 miles from me, remember the logo. Just saw they are offering a 200kbtu inddor gasser! They are running SS burn chambers too, thought that SS was prone to cracking?

Status
Not open for further replies.