Enamel Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaintenanceMan

Minister of Fire
Feb 25, 2010
Southern IN
Besides Jotul Hearthstone and Pacific Energy, what manufactures offer enamel finishes on their stoves?

I am looking for a smaller stove for a possible addition to our home. The addition would be around 400 sq feet but open to the rest of the house. Stoves that interest me are the Jotul F3CB and F100. The PE Aldelera T4, and the Hearthstone Heritage. Soapstone interests me a lot because of it's gentle heating nature and lasting warmth. But right now I'm just looking at my options and would definitely like a better finish and would be inclined to make an investment in a quality stove.

Thanks in advance!

Removed...I see now that you're looking for soapstone with enamel.

Hampton H200, Quadrafire Yosemite, Napoleon 1100C. The Alderlea T4 is a fine stove, but only the Alderlea T5 is available in (black) enamel. If long heat is the goal, then I would also look at the Woodstock Keystone or Palladian.

Thanks for the replies. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of a soapstone stove. The Woodstock stoves just don't float my boat though. I don't care for their looks although I'm sure they function well. I did notice the vista classic on the PE site.

This is just not going to be a very big addition and I really don't want too much stove in there. It will be a dinning room and den type area. It will have two openings to the rest of the house, but a gentler longer heat seems would be a better way to heat the area. I'm really going for a supplimental heat source. This wouldn't be a stove that I tried to heat the whole house with.

What kind of success do folks have with overnight burns with a Hearthstone Heritage or Homestead?

If the space is open to the rest of the house I would consider the T5 classic. It has a lot of mass which softens the initial heat and slowly releases it, even when the fire dies down. It is a very flexible stove as far as operating temps and will burn fine on just a few splits. Depending on the floorplan, with a judiciously placed fan it may be able to substantially contribute to the warmth of the rest of the house.

Make the passage ways to this additional wide and open, and get a size larger than you think if you expect to be burning the stove more than just an occasional evening or weekend.

I just got a hearthstone mansfield. It would be way too big for what you are talking but the stone stays warm forever. Its still hot to the touch sometimes 10-12 hours after loading. Fire is long dead but the stone is still putting out heat. I would assume a smaller model would not stay hot as long, but i imagine you would still get good heating times out if it.

The appearance of the soapstone and enamel finish is great. My wife loves the way it looks in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.