England stove25-pdvc first start error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawzzee

Nov 29, 2015
Placerville,ca
Just bought and installed England stove25-pdvc to replace old Avalon 900-ps. Went to start it up for the first time, 5 seconds later I get a e-2 message followed by a e-1 message 3 seconds later. Please help.

Mine takes 15 minutes if it doesnt prove flame to chuck E2. Your vacuum switch must not be closing at start-up. Hopper lid closed properly and switch is closed?

Just a thought... i remember reading something about new stoves needing a dry run cycle... did you cycle the unit with an empty hopper?

Just a thought... i remember reading something about new stoves needing a dry run cycle... did you cycle the unit with an empty hopper?

Correct,

Taken from stoves manual:
2. Before your first fire dry run your unit (with no pellets in the hopper) for 20 minutes. Press
the “ON” button to begin the dry run. After the 20 minute dry run, the control board will return
to “OFF.” An error code will appear in the Heat Range and the Blower Speed windows as
E-2,” which means the unit failed to start normally. After this code is received and you are sure
the unit is working properly, fill the hopper with wood pellets. Do not allow any part of the bag
or any foreign material in the hopper, as this may jam the augers. Ensure that all pellet matter
is cleared from the hopper lid gasket, make sure the hopper lid latches and the door of the unit
are securely closed and press the “ON” button; this will clear the error code and restart your
unit.

E-Codes,” or Error Codes, are codes that will appear in the Heat Range and Blower Speed
windows of the Control Board if your unit experiences problems. If you receive any of these codes,
first attempt to reset your unit by pressing the “ON” button (only once). If the unit continues to
display any E-Code(s), please contact Technical Support at (800) 245-6489 before further attempting
to restart your unit.
1. E-1 = Vacuum Loss
2. E-2 = Fail to Start
3. E-3 = Over Temperature Limit
NOTE: “E-0” indicates “No Error”

So it appears that you get the E2 followed by E1, which is failed to start because of a vaccum loss.

Your manual points to the "Door Ajar" Vaccum switch port to be cleaned (its located to the right of the burnpot), give that a try.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.