Englander 25-CAB80S seems not hot enough

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peeler23

Jan 28, 2023
Manitoba
Hey all, this is my first post here after a lot of time reading. I can't seem to find much info about this pellet stove, but here's for hoping!

I built an 850sq ft addition on my house this year and added a Englander 25-CAB80S (Smart stove) for some extra heat. It states it can heat up to 2000sq ft. I have it located in the corner of my living room, with a return air duct from my forced air electric furnace across the room (about 10 feet) thinking it would distribute the heat throughout the house a bit.

I figured with this unit on max it would absolutely cook me out of the room it's located in, but doesn't seem to be the case.

Stove has been cleaned thoroughly, but has been like this since new.

Just looking for some tips or things to try.

How tall should my flames be and what should they look like? What temp of air can I expect blowing out the top?

Thanks!

1674923001108981148413126201842.jpg