Englander 25-pdv heat issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoot

Nov 17, 2009
East Coast
Hello...

I have a Englander 25-pdv stove that doesn't seem to be putting out much heat in the past few days. I clean the stove regularly

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/50215/

We burned our way into a second pallet of pellets and I suspect the new brand may be part of the issue. The brand is Michigan wood pellet fuel {from l0w3s} My real question is...are there any of the factory settings that I can change to help with the burn rate? Also what should the factory settings be by default? There is a possibility that my daughter decided to help *adjust* the furnace settings. {read push buttons and see what lights up *sigh*} Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Current Settings - Low Fuel Feed 5
Low Burn Air 4
Air on Temp 2

jwoot said:
Hello...

I have a Englander 25-pdv stove that doesn't seem to be putting out much heat in the past few days. I clean the stove regularly

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/50215/

We burned our way into a second pallet of pellets and I suspect the new brand may be part of the issue. The brand is Michigan wood pellet fuel {from l0w3s} My real question is...are there any of the factory settings that I can change to help with the burn rate? Also what should the factory settings be by default? There is a possibility that my daughter decided to help *adjust* the furnace settings. {read push buttons and see what lights up *sigh*} Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Current Settings - Low Fuel Feed 5
Low Burn Air 4
Air on Temp 2

I don't think your far off on those first 2 settings, but Air On Temp is ALWAYS supposed to be on "1".

Try 6-4-1...you'll burn more pellets = more heat, or you could also try lowering the LBA a little (5-3-1).....keeps the combustion blower running a little slower, so the heat stays in the heat exchanger longer=more heat in room.

im burning penningtons nature's heat and my stove is set on 7 4 1 with a heat range on C
use 1 bag of pellets every 24 hours

Phatty said:
im burning penningtons nature's heat and my stove is set on 7 4 1 use 1 bag of pellets every 24 hours

On what Heat/blower settings?

Was told by Englander support the stove settings for the bottom row buttons should be 4 - 4 - 1. I n cold weather, 20 degrees or lower, I adjust mine to 5-4-1 and then adjust my settings to 5 and 5 and this keeps my rancher warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.