englander 25-pvd. no heat from louvers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremygrimm

Dec 16, 2014
Malvern, ohio
I just got this stove and have it hooked all up. I'm getting heat blowing from the holes above the door but only radiant heat from louvers. Should it be blowing out louvers as well or is that normal? The reason I ask is I don't think it's putting out the heat it should be.

Thank you.. 1 other question. There are 2 small square holes under the door area. Why are those holes there. When I 1st fired up the unit and the controller failed I got smoke out of those 2 holes when the combustion air blower stopped. Why are they there

From what I always understood it's the air intake for the glass to keep it clean. But kinda doesn't make sense. Inside the stove to the left and right there's a channel that you can clean going from the top to the bottom of that area

I have 3 holes in the heat exchanger beneath the louvers.

Attachments

• 1452540889609-1438107448.jpg
    1452540889609-1438107448.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.