Englander 25ep mods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane1

Oct 23, 2015
Montgomery, New York
Has anybody modded there 25ep? There is a raised flat piece of steel that is just inside the door. I assume it is to collect ash, but my ash seems to skip it and sit on the base of the door. I was thinking about Welding 3/4" flat stock on the outside edge possibly angled out tords the door slightly to hopefully collect the ash. I also have a lot of pellets that bounce past the pot so I was thinking of also adding a lip around that probably 3/4". Are these things that could adversely affect the stove? The stove is new and I like the way it heats my house so I'd rather do mods to it than return and try a different stove.

Well my first mod to the burn pot seems to be working great. I welded a 1" flange on the front of the burn pot. It keeps most pellets from bouncing over and also greatly reduced the ash on the main panel of the door. I angled it slightly tords the back of the stove. It has allowed the airwash system to keep the center glass very clean even after running g for a few days on low settings. My next attempt is going to be to add a vertical flange on the air wash bar. That's the flat stock that is in front of the door. I'll update after I try that for a few days.

OK think I found the sweet spot for the angle iron on the airwash bar. Not the best pic but the dark spots on the side glass are black. The center glass is dark up high on the sides and the rest is spotless except for the top 3" of the center glass is cloudy. Over 24 hours on heat setting 1. Super minimal ash on the door. I also added lips on to the sides of the burn pot . now there is only a couple pellets that bounce out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20151217-184627.png
    Screenshot_20151217-184627.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.