Englander 30 Blower Stovestat Location

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmojo182

Oct 18, 2009
East
I would appreciate any help on this. I want to get a stove stat (like one listed here: http://www.northlineexpress.com/item/5SA-9600/SS-1-Stovestat). Does anyone have one set up on their 30, and where do you have it located. I know it says you can't use it on single wall stoves, but the firebrick have to count as dual walled (if that makes no sense, shoot me now). I know I have read a post about this, but I have been unable to find it.

Thanks in advance for any help you send my way,

Jon

My Stove Stat is down for need of a new plug at the moment. But when it is working I put it on the plug side of the stove about a foot back from the front of the stove. How high you mount it is trial and error to get it where you want it to be when the stove gets up to the temp where you want it to come on.

As to using it on a single wall stove, my old Stove Stat survived 18 years on the single wall side of a insert that I burned hot as hell +100 degrees. After 18 years of that abuse it finally fell apart. When I went into the stove shop and picked up another one I told the son of the the man I originally bought it from that it seemed to me that it should be warranty. He cracked me up when he replied "Stuff you bought from a dead guy doesn't have a warranty.".

Edit: The old stove didn't have firebrick on the sides or back.

Thank you BrotherBart! I will purchase tonight. Any thoughts on height? I'm guessing no matter where you put it, its going to keep the blower on a while. Does height really have that much of a change in temperature, when you are in the fire brick range? Anyway, I can't thank you(and the rest of the moderators here) enough for all the help and information I have learned over the past year off this site.

Also, great story on the shop owner, I bet he didn't miss a beat.

Thanks

Ya just have to play with it to find where you want it. Judge by the stove top temp and where the blower comes on at different positions on the Stat. I like the stove to be at least at four hundred degrees before it comes on.

Yeah that shop owner is a great guy. His daddy was too. Bought my old stove from his daddy in 1985.

Status
Not open for further replies.