1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Englander 30 First Fire Issue

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by 04HemiRam2500, Oct 31, 2013.

1. 04HemiRam2500

04HemiRam2500 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SW PA
    I have been playing with the air control and my wood. I noticed that I leave the door open to get fire going then I close the door. Instead of leaving the air control open I close it or close to closing it and I get the stove up to temp fast. Then, I keep slowly opening the air control little by little until I need to reload again.

Why does this work for me though? Just thought I would ask?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Because your fuel isn't perfect and you have a lot more experimentation/learning yet to do!

Just keep playing, watching, and taking it all in. It get's easier and easier. What makes me always wonder how any wood stove company makes it in this world, is that there is no fail-safe procedure on how to operate a stove and get perfect results every time.

The wood quality is obviously a huge factor, but so many little things such as how the wood is loaded, when the wood is loaded, how the air control is used, how strong the draft is depending on chimney and local weather factors, make this something that just needs to be played with to see what works best for the setup you have while keeping things within safe guidelines.

pen
    begreen likes this.