Englander 30 First Fire Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been playing with the air control and my wood. I noticed that I leave the door open to get fire going then I close the door. Instead of leaving the air control open I close it or close to closing it and I get the stove up to temp fast. Then, I keep slowly opening the air control little by little until I need to reload again.

Why does this work for me though? Just thought I would ask?

Why does this work for me though? Just thought I would ask?

Because your fuel isn't perfect and you have a lot more experimentation/learning yet to do!

Just keep playing, watching, and taking it all in. It get's easier and easier. What makes me always wonder how any wood stove company makes it in this world, is that there is no fail-safe procedure on how to operate a stove and get perfect results every time.

The wood quality is obviously a huge factor, but so many little things such as how the wood is loaded, when the wood is loaded, how the air control is used, how strong the draft is depending on chimney and local weather factors, make this something that just needs to be played with to see what works best for the setup you have while keeping things within safe guidelines.

pen

Reactions: begreen
Status
Not open for further replies.