englander 30nc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennyc

Hearth Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
western md
I have a Englander 30nc woodstove, I was wondering what advantages there are to using the pedestal base verses the legs. Do you get a Better draft with one or the other or does it make difference. Thanks

it's simply for appearance.

I have the pedestal on mine. I think the legs look better.

pen

Legs look better. Ped is required for mobile homes and for an outside air kit.

There is a recent post from a guy who installed a new englander, with legs, in a open hearth. Diamond truck plate blockoff. One of the nicest applications I have seen on this site. Beautiful stove, picture, and setup.

Sen. John Blutarsky said:
There is a recent post from a guy who installed a new englander, with legs, in a open hearth. Diamond truck plate blockoff. One of the nicest applications I have seen on this site. Beautiful stove, picture, and setup.

Well thank you for the complement. Here is the most recent picture. I finally got the new flooring in but I have yet to trim the hearth to the floor. It's going to be a custom made trim piece to go around the rounded corners of the hearth stone.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 281
Status
Not open for further replies.