Englander 32-NC vs 15W06

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

littleboss

Feb 8, 2021
TX
Thoughts on these two? The 32-NC doesn't have a blower. It's $1049 at Home Depot with free shipping plus tax

The 15w06 has a blower and is $1199 with no tax and free shipping.

I prefer a blower. Any reason I should consider the 32-NC over the 15w06? Fireboxes seem to be the same size as is the log length

I recently installed a 32NC, have no knowledge of the other stove and couldn’t find it via Google. Link?

I like the 32NC a lot. Bit of a learning curve for me, but I feel like I’m getting a handle on it. I load it about 8:30pm and have more than adequate coals to easily restart at 5:30am when I get up. We had -24 here over the weekend and the stove in basement kept my house comfortable. Outside temp is -3 right now and the inside temp is 72.

It throws a lot of heat and seems to burn economically - no regrets.

E685D569-70D8-40FB-8B45-FA3593A4311E.jpeg

Reactions: begreen
This stove is new on the market. We saw repeat issues reported with its predecessor the 50 SSW02 regarding door warpage and bad sealing there. Hopefully they have corrected this, but until we see the feedback I am reluctant to recommend it. The stove design is ok, though I prefer the flat floor of the 30-NC and 32-NC instead of the front 'shelf' in the newer series stoves.

Reactions: littleboss
Still mixed reviews. Our local Lowes sells this stove as Model #50-SHW06L for $999. Has 8 fairly recent reviews right now . 4 Good , 3 Horrible and 1 guy reported fumes burning off the paint so his fault. So i guess it still depends if you get the warped door or not. Iv been using mine again as englander sent me a new door glass kit. Mine shattered while the stove was burning .Same as in one of those bad reviews.

Last edited:
Ouch, the reviews on Lowes.com are pretty brutal. What's the difference between an Englander and a Summers Heat stove? They look identical.

Englander's site has both of them:

Here's the link to the Summers Heat at Lowes: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Summers-Heat-2400-sq-ft-Heating-Area-Firewood-Stove/1003163358

Same Stove. Not quite sure what they did to it but changed the model number recently. That at least temporarily got rid of the previous bad reviews. All i can say is its a great stove with a problematic front door that tends to be bowed out in the center letting excess air in and overheating the stove. Iv had 2 of them ,both the same. I manage mine by not completely filling the stove with wood so ,no long burns but great fire view.

20181130_173515.jpg

Last edited:
Is the 32NC a jacketed stove? I only ask because that could make a differences in clearances...if that is important to you.

For us a stove with a rheostat motor is preferred. Experience has proven the motor to be the most efficient way to move heat and warm up a room.