Not open for further replies.
  1. Remmy122

Remmy122
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2011
    Loc:
    East NC
    Yep, The blower on my NC-30 is rattling. Any one have this problem or know of any solutions? I dont want to pull it out to check (inside my fireplace) but the rattling is getting my nerves.

Thanks for any help!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart
    Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Mine had a bad bearing from day one and I screwed up and didn't get it replaced because I kept trying to convince myself it was vibration. It finally went south and I just blew it off because I ain't pulling up that liner and lugging that sucker out of the fireplace. I knew it was a potential issue when I put the stove in the fireplace and try to warn people here of it. That is why inserts have the blower mounted on the front.

I now use two seven dollar "personal fans" blowing under it on each side back into the fireplace and will never replace the thing. They do as good a job and they are quiet.

In your case it might just be vibration. Even back in a tight fireplace, can't get tighter than mine, you can reach the screws to tighten them. Failing that, do what car manufacturer's do when they find a rattle too late to fix it. Lay a magnet on it to absorb the vibration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.