1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Englander nc-30 blower rattling

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Remmy122, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remmy122

Remmy122 New Member

Loc:
    East NC
    Yep, The blower on my NC-30 is rattling. Any one have this problem or know of any solutions? I dont want to pull it out to check (inside my fireplace) but the rattling is getting my nerves.

Thanks for any help!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Mine had a bad bearing from day one and I screwed up and didn't get it replaced because I kept trying to convince myself it was vibration. It finally went south and I just blew it off because I ain't pulling up that liner and lugging that sucker out of the fireplace. I knew it was a potential issue when I put the stove in the fireplace and try to warn people here of it. That is why inserts have the blower mounted on the front.

I now use two seven dollar "personal fans" blowing under it on each side back into the fireplace and will never replace the thing. They do as good a job and they are quiet.

In your case it might just be vibration. Even back in a tight fireplace, can't get tighter than mine, you can reach the screws to tighten them. Failing that, do what car manufacturer's do when they find a rattle too late to fix it. Lay a magnet on it to absorb the vibration.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.