Englander NC 30 Install Round 3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

IndianaTech

Jul 26, 2010
Southern Indiana
Good evening all... After a few year hiatus we have returned to efficient wood heat on the new 40 acre homestead. Several years ago I installed a NC 30 in our first home we bought due to the outrageous heat bill. There are pictures of that install somewhere on here if you care to see. Anyway after several moves and a second NC 30 install in our cabin I was asked to move up north for work. We quickly realized living in a subdivision was not something my family preferred so we sold the house and lived in our camper for 9 months while we built our new home way off the beaten path. Last year was the first winter here and even though the house is heavily insulated the heat bill was still through the roof. I had bought the 3rd, and hopefully final Englander when we moved in last October, however there was just not enough time to get her up and running. We are ready to burn now just need to finish up the stone work on the wall! My son and I recently finished a new wood shed, and have been busy cutting next years wood. Unfortunately with all the projects on the new homestead I had to buy seasoned wood for this year. 2 cords of wood costs less then one heat bill so I can live with it for a season. Just wanted to say hello and drop a few pictures for your viewing pleasure!

Attachments

• 3237300D-E823-4355-BAAB-79CBCD9A52C6.jpeg
    3237300D-E823-4355-BAAB-79CBCD9A52C6.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 8E82D873-DEAC-44DB-9FA9-BA6D104C3933.jpeg
    8E82D873-DEAC-44DB-9FA9-BA6D104C3933.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: pen