Englander NC-30 Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorDL55

Dec 9, 2009
Broadview Hts, OH
Well - I'm having an issue with my stove. Colder day today (36 out right now) and figured that I would build a nice big fire today. Loaded it up with seasoned Mulberry wood. Stove is in basement and it's a one story ranch. Each level is 1050 sq ft. My problem is I'm sitting here with no shirt on and the window open because it's friggin hot!

So - when I say I have an issue, I do, but it's not a bad one! I forgot over the summer how much heat this thing puts out.

Next time try a half load of pine. It isn't winter yet.

that's a standard englander operating situation for this time of year :)

pen

Yeah I had a problem with my 30 last night. The three splits I put on nine thirty last night were just enough coals to light off a new fire by seven thirty this morning and the stove was down to 150 and the house was down to 68. Heck it is a balmy 29 degrees outside. Whats up with that?

GatorDL55 said:
Well - I'm having an issue with my stove. Colder day today (36 out right now) and figured that I would build a nice big fire today. Loaded it up with seasoned Mulberry wood. Stove is in basement and it's a one story ranch. Each level is 1050 sq ft. My problem is I'm sitting here with no shirt on and the window open because it's friggin hot!

So - when I say I have an issue, I do, but it's not a bad one! I forgot over the summer how much heat this thing puts out.
My stove will run me out of the house if i put more then 3 splits.

corey21 said:
GatorDL55 said:

I'm getting a bit confused here. Creosote build up is high, but the stove sounds like it's being held back and run cool. Which is it?

BeGreen said:
corey21 said:
GatorDL55 said:

I'm getting a bit confused here. Creosote build up is high, but the stove sounds like it's being held back and run cool. Which is it?

I had to flip back and forth to these threades also.
corey21 may be living in a well insulated 425sqft house. :)

north of 60 said:
BeGreen said:
corey21 said:
GatorDL55 said:

I had to flip back and forth to these threades also.
corey21 may be living in a well insulated 425sqft house. :)
srry everyone for the confusion my house is 1800sqft house.

And that is heated by 3 splits? If so, perhaps it's too big a stove or it doesn't need to be fired up until it gets below 30 outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.