Englander pdv 25 Fine Tuning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maffetaj

Nov 17, 2014
nj
I just set up my stove and had it running the last 3 days. Seems to be running descent on Stove Chow pellets. Some soot build up on glass and burn pot. Now I would like to get it fine tuned. How do I go about setting the Heat Range and blower speed to get the most out of my pellets and stove? What do I look for and what am I trying to get the flame to look like ect.... How many bag of pellets should I go through daily? I tried calling englander but the phone was busy all Day and could not get through.....

Sorry no one answered ... most of your questions seem to have been covered in numerous threads so use the search box at the top of the page. I think I just saw a posting about ensuring you have a good seal on the hopper lid as it was a source of additional air that changed burn quality. Someone may chime in too...

Enjoy the read....

first question are you happy with the amount of heat? englanders when on mode D run a little dirty some soot on the door is common.. and the burn pot issue is a never ending battle a lot of it is the pellets.. crappy pellets make clinkers and fill up the burn pot. i scrape my burn pot out 3x a day just while its running that is pretty common practice with these stoves.. and thanks lake girl ha, that is one of the first things to check.. i never noticed a perfect number in the heat range that ran better.. its pretty straight forward higher number more heat..

Status
Not open for further replies.