Englander pellet stove keeps shutting down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wegles

Jan 12, 2016
PA
I have an englander 55shp10L pellet stove that runs for a little bit, gets extremely hot and then shuts down with an e1 code. Please any advice would be awesome. Stove is cleaned regularly

Sounds like the convection blower isn't doing its job. Is it running? Is it clean, including the fan itself?

Sounds like the convection blower isn't doing its job. Is it running? Is it clean, including the fan itself?
Thanks for the response! Yes all clean including outside pipes and fan itself. We use a shop vac and canned air to clean it all out. Gets cleaned multiple times a week. It runs for a little bit then shuts down because extremely hot.

Either it's overfeeding, or it's not being cooled by the convection fan/heat exchanger. Are you getting the normal amount of air from the heat outlet vents?

If it were overfeeding, I would expect unburned pellets showing up in the ash pan, and an unusually large flame.

Either it's overfeeding, or it's not being cooled by the convection fan/heat exchanger. Are you getting the normal amount of air from the heat outlet vents?

If it were overfeeding, I would expect unburned pellets showing up in the ash pan, and an unusually large flame.
I think I am going to buy a new convection fan and give that a try. Unless anyone has any other ideas. But seeing that a couple of people have suggested same thing i am going to keep my fingers crossed. There doesn't seem to be unburned pellets either.

Is the fan working? Convection is the room blower fan. Maybe the settings got changed somehow? Should be at 1 for on temp if its like the rest of the stoves..

1. Blocked flue (E-1)

1. Check for flue blockage (nests, rodents, excess soot, etc.)

3. Improper installation* (E-1)

3. Check for loose flue/pipe connections. Also be sure to have proper Outside Air hook-up.

*Improper installation may cause a back draft.

*NOTE: Also check for loose or cracked vacuum hose on vacuum switches

What does the manual say an E1 is? From above comments, it seems it might be a vacuum issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.