Englander Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK been burning the NC-30P for a week loving it. Burning clean, mostly shoulder fires this time of year. I noticed that the manual says no wood over firebrick height. Do others here abide by that rule? It kind of lessens firebox capacity. Thanks in advance.

For this season I have only stacked to fire brick retainer height. The two years before I went as high as I could. I get the same heat and burn times leaving the combustion space above the wood as I did packing it full, use less wood and the stove is easier to control.

YMMV.

I usually burn three very large oak splits N/S for overnight. Loaded around ten o'clock and I have a warm stove and coals for restart at six or seven the next morning. Everybody's definition of burn time and what they achieve with their chimney/stove/wood/ temperatures combination is different. I just want a warm house when I wake up. I don't care if I have to re-light the fire or if there are enough coals to restart.

That's like me as long as it's above mid 60s I'm happy in the AM. It doesn't take long to bring it up a few degrees. And thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.