Englander Stove Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ETPHONE

Jan 18, 2007
I am hooking up my pellet stove and I did a dry fit. I purchased the simpson dura vent kit. With in this kit there is a 3" adapter piece. My problem is that this adapter piece does not seem to fit snug tight on the exhaust pipe on the stove. Anything I could do for this. I am worried that the during the operation of the unit some of the exhaust may leak into the room. I believe that the manual spoke of using screws but I do not know if they are talking about the joint in the flue pipe or the actual exhaust pipe on the stove. And if it is the exhaust pipe do I have to pre drill this aluminum exhaust pipe?

this piece should be secured using hight them RTV caulk then 3 evenly spaced shetmetal screws and ataching the adaptyer piece to the blower outlet collar.
second every joint should be RVV cememted to prevent exhaust or vacume leaks

there is an oil film in the metal it takes a bit to cook it off you could hyave fumes the first 3 times you fire it up and additional fumes when you finally reach the high heat setting .
After that you should be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.