1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Englander Stove Venting question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by houset, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houset

houset Member

Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Hi,

I am installing my Englander Stove that i got last Feb at the Home Depot. We purchased the Simpson Duravent Kit with it. The question i have is regarding the appliance adapter. I can easily fit it over the exhaust of the stove snugly, but it does wiggle a bit from the weight of the rest of the pipe. So my question is that acceptable? i tried a 3" hose clamp, but it still doesn't quite get it tight. I looked at the instructions, and nothing in either Simpson's manual or Englander's manual talks about this. Maybe i am just being paranoid, and the little bit of wiggle is acceptable. This is just my first experience with hearth installs and any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Todd

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. cncpro

cncpro New Member

Loc:
    NE Connecticut, USA
    My Quadra-Fire manual instructed me to use high-temp silicone sealant and a minimum of 3 screws to fasten the adapter to the stove. I did exactly that using those self-drilling screws.
  3. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    in the "important information" section on page 2, paragraph 6 "use at least 3 screws to secure the pipe to the unit's exhaust blower.

it probably should be in the diagram as well, we are soon to revise the manual i'll have it added there as well.

sorry for the mix up.
  4. houset

houset Member

Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks everyone for the advice. Looks like i'll be making my daily trip to the Depot to get some metal screws and high temp silicone sealant.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.