1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Enviro Boston 1700 Advice

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by ChadD, Nov 11, 2012.

1. ChadD

ChadD Member

Loc:
    Connecticut
    After doing lots of reading on here I didn't find to much or any reviews on the Enviro Boston 1700 insert.
    Looking for peoples thoughts on the brand and stove. I have a 1700 sq ft colonial.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    There should be some reviews on the Enviro Kodiak and Enviro Venice. They are the same stove as the Boston at heart.
  3. TTigano

TTigano Member

Loc:
    Southeastern, Ma
    I looked at it as an option. Only reason I went with the Hampton was I was able to get it at a steal. Keep in mind, most stoves operate great, however, the stove is only as good as the quality wood and the air circulation you have.
  4. NSDave

NSDave Member

Loc:
    Halifax NS Canada
    I have the Kodiak 1200 FS, but I'm a newb to wood burning and haven't had a full season on it yet. ; Installed March '12 Enviro seems to be bigger in the pellet stove market, and what I read over in the Pellet forum seemed to be good with respect to the mfr. I would have gone with the 1700 but it meant hearth extensions, etc. so far the stove seems well built and parts ; when I may need them are reasonably priced, unlike the VC resolute acclaim I replaced.

I asked members here before buying, and got good response.

One of the members with a 1700 insert, sold their house, and IIRC there another member with a Boston
  5. kd460

kd460 Feeling the Heat

Unless they changed recently, the Enviro's have thicker steel than most other brands (5/16th thick vs standard 1/4 inch).

I am happy with my Kodiak 1700, going on 4 or 5 years now? Only issue I had was a couple of $5 dollar bearings in the blower motor (they use the same bearings as skateboards do, so getting them is easy.

The Boston is the same as the Kodiak, just different looks on the outside, otherwise same box. Good luck, KD
  6. kingquad

kingquad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    I had the 1700 Kodiak and I loved it. I would buy one again if I had a fireplace. It's a great stove.
  7. ChadD

ChadD Member

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks for all the info.
  8. Bretonburner

Bretonburner New Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    We have had a free standing Boston Enviro 1700 for about 3 weeks now. It is replacing a Jotul Rangely which had paint and rust issues. We are so pleased with the Boston. It is much easier to operate than the Rangely and so far seems to burn much more efficiently as well. The airwash system works great..